Tuesday, July 3, 2007

B&B Etiquette


When staying at a B&B please remember that the host is most often the one who checks you in and makes you breakfast. Check-in time is between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm and while I am happy to accommodate people outside that window of time, I like a heads up! Breakfast is better if I am well-rested! Well, I'm not really sure about being well-rested since that hasn't happened in over 4 years, but that's another topic.

One night this week we had someone check in at 1:30 in the morning. Mr. Innkeeper and I had waited up until midnight and figured the guest was a no show. He rang the bell at 1:30, Mr. Innkeeper got out of bed to check our guest in and asked him if his flight was delayed. The response: "I got in around 11:00 pm". Uh, okay, so we're not sure if he headed downtown for a drink, since we're only 15 minutes from the airport or why he couldn't call when he arrived at the airport! I just don't think he realized how it works at a B&B. It's quite simple - just let us know if you're going to be late! And if you're going out on the town, stop and get your keys first, so I can go to bed!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you should have waited until two hours after he came downstairs to give him his breakfast!

Mrs. Cropper said...

I could devote an entire blog to how lame I think some people are, and how Emily Post is rolling (no, spinning--rapidly) in her grave due to the utter lack of etiquette in this world. But that would be very negative and cynical, and I am trying to be less of those things. :)

Spiresfam said...

Sarah is nice, i don't know if i would have answered the door! :)