Sunday, July 1, 2007

Flowers from my Garden

I am grateful this week to have found someone to help me on Sundays. I have been struggling at trying to get everything done before church and then rush home to try and finish cleaning rooms before guests arrive. And I was having a hard time to find someone who could work on Sundays, truth be told, I didn't even want to ask anyone. I don't want to be a Sunday employer, but I just couldn't get it all done and retain my sanity. My friend's mother's name kept coming to my mind as I would reflect on my problem and I dismissed it several times thinking that she wouldn't want to clean all day Sunday. But finally I called her and she was willing to come. Today was her first day and she did an excellent job (she even said she enjoyed it). I am so glad that the house was clean when I came home today, because church has already put me on the verge and I definitely don't feel like scrubbing toilets today!



Delia was not happy in Sacrament Meeting, so I took her out for that hour. The next hour I taught Sunday School to three 12 and 13 year olds. And the next hour I stayed with Joshua, who is still having issues with his new Sunbeam teacher. Joshua had some pretty big tantrums in the hall and there was plenty of stress to go around. Thankfully, Delia had a good time in Nursery. Sometimes I feel that the only reason I am going to Church is to obey!

Happy Canada Day! We're having a big barbeque tomorrow to celebrate, and we're hoping for sunshine! I don't think there are many places more beautiful than Nova Scotia when the sun is shining!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so excited that things worked out for Sundays. Hopefully all this goodness will keep up (with the exception of the tantrums!)

liz said...

Sunday is such a stressful day when you have small children -- I cannot even fathom trying to run a business at the same time. Good for you solving the problem -- I've been thinking lately that I need to solve problems more methodically, like you would if you had a job, instead of just whining about them. And that's what you just did!

Honey said...

You're so good Christina! Church can be so hard when little people don't want to "cooperate." I'm so happy you found someone to help you. Hopefully your Sunday's will be a little less stressful!

Mrs. Cropper said...

First of all, GORGE flowers--can't wait to see them up close in real life! Secondly, I HEAR YA. Tay and I each spend a significant amount of time on Sunday wandering the halls with a superactiveBlaine. We're counting the days until nursery, and then praying that he'll go happily!

Spiresfam said...

I just had to tell you that I told Mark I would like to visit Nova Scotia and he said "where's that?" (ps he's S.African) and then he googled it and research it for about 10 min. I think I just might convince him! :)