Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Barbeque

Strawberry Muffins for Canada Day!


We had a barbeque on Monday to celebrate Canada Day. I was arranging my newly painted chairs (Happy Anniversary to me from Mr. Innkeeper) on the back deck at around noon, thinking to myself how it was such a perfect day for an outdoor party.


We had people come for 1:00 pm so all of our guests would be checked out and the rooms would be clean in case people wanted to have a look around. We had just over 50 people show up, and then the torrential down pour began. We all crammed into the house while Mr. Innkeeper manned the grill. It rained off and on for the entire party, but cleared up in time to have fireworks at Grandpa Bill's!

4 comments:

Honey said...

Yay for Canada Day! Your muffins look great, I wish I could have tasted them. And I'm sorry that your card will not reach you before Sunday. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

Mrs. Cropper said...

Bummer about the rain. And I LOVE THE CHAIRS!!!!!

Emily Anne said...

cute, cute chairs!

Sarah said...

I am so sad that we weren't there this year. I also dig the chairs! We have a front porch, mabe I should give a hint to Doug!