Thursday, May 8, 2008

Headed to Everett

Well, I'll have to change the title of my blog when I have some time to spare. We are no longer managing the B&B! I am feeling a lot less stress in my life and not feeling quite so crazy! Jason decided to take the job in Everett and when he made the decision he was ready to go and begin our new adventure. He left in a U-Haul truck on Sunday morning and drove to Albany, NY where he got to stay with some friends that we had made when we lived in Provo. The next day he drove to Chicago and stayed at the house of his former Bishop, who happened to be out of town, but let Jason break-in to his house and rest for the night. Jason called his dad on his way to Chicago to let him know where he was headed and Dad, Mom, and Grandma were just finishing up their Church History Tour in Nauvoo and decided to meet him in Chicago. They all met up and Dad decided to drive the rest of the way with Jason and Mom and Grandma headed back to Denver together. Jason and his Dad spent Tuesday night in Fargo, North Dakota and Wednesday night in Bozeman, Montanna. They hope to make it to Everett today, find an apartment tomorrow, move our stuff in on Saturday, and then Jason will start work on Monday! I'm staying with my Dad for the next week or so while Jason gets a little settled and then I'll fly out with the kids. It feels good to have the big decision made and be moving forward!

12 comments:

Honey said...

I've been thinking about you. I'm glad Jason didn't have to drive the whole way himself. I'm sure it's been a long week for you both! We're anxious to hear about WA and hope you can get settled quickly. Safe travels. Hugs and kisses to you all!

Topsy said...

Wonderful to know where you guys are. We've heard so many things and have been wondering. I hope he has a safe drive and you guys have a safe flight.

Danielle said...

Well congratulations on your big decision! Everett is beautiful. My husband is from Seattle. Good luck with all the settling in. Moving stinks.

austub said...

Yea! You are heading in my direction. We will need to get together once you get all settled. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know.

austub said...

sorry, this is Margaret. It has Austins title for some reason.

liz said...

For a split second I thought your title said "Headed to Everest" and I thought, wow, they really are free spirits. Glad it's just Washington. I hope we'll get to see you often, since you're kind of on our side of the continent -- would our house be a good rest stop between WA and CO? Hope all goes well. I know how stressful these times can be and am glad you at least have a plan now. Lots of hard work ahead though.

rebecca said...

Well, you are leaving us solo on the east coast...we are crying in New York! We are going to miss you. Good luck with the move and transition, your relaxing mornings will be worth it all.

rebecca said...

Well, you are leaving us solo on the east coast...we are crying in New York! We are going to miss you. Good luck with the move and transition, your relaxing mornings will be worth it all.

rebecca said...

Well, you are leaving us solo on the east coast...we are crying in New York! We are going to miss you. Good luck with the move and transition, your relaxing mornings will be worth it all.

Bartimaeus said...

Awesome! Good luck with the new job!

Topsy said...

We miss you guys. How is the travel progress. Mom tried to keep us updated but we are still wondering how you are doing?

Jill said...

Truthfully, I am so giddy to have you so close on this side of the continent. I think this will translate into more play time with the Medford Hall's (now there are even more of us with Anne's arrival!)