Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Glorious Sun!

It's actually sunny here today! This past weekend I may have been complaining to one of our guests about the fact that it was snowing yet again, and he told me about how they still have so much snow in New Brunswick that you can't see the numbers on people's houses - all you see are roof tops! He said their snow might be gone in June! So here's to not complaining! But I am definitely celebrating the sunshine today!
Delia squinting.
A haircut is on the list of things to do for Delia before Carla's wedding next week!
Joshua playing outside in short sleeves. I still found it cold, though!
Jason fixing our ghetto mini van (276,000 km and counting). In recent history Jason has replaced a windshield wiper motor - a definite necessity in Nova Scotia, the ball joints, and now a heater hose - that one was kind of scary when it went bad, smoke everywhere! The things you get to learn when you have more free time than money!

This was a science experiment that Jason and Joshua did yesterday. Jason called it a homemade lava lamp. Joshua liked it, but not as much as the baking soda volcanoes they did the day before! Here's a link that shows instructions and why it works if you want to try it at home - make your own lava lamp

And I made squash soup twice this week, the recipe was that good! Here's the link(Curried Squash Soup), I think you should make it too!

Have a lovely Spring Day!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Topsy said...

Wish you could come and visit and take some of our sun with you!

lisset said...

lisset (carla's old roomie) here- i've been peeking at your blog and wanted to say hi! the B&B is gorgeous and your kids are getting so grown up! has it really been that long since you treated me and carla with your baking prowess in provo??

Honey said...

So, if you move to CA, do you think you'll ever miss the NS winters? I'm thinking not...I haven't missed any Canadian winters, but then I've always lived where it still snows...hmm. Gotta love those sunny, warmer days though! So ready for Spring!

Danielle said...

Oh thank you so much for the photo recommendation. She is exactly what I am looking for. I really appreciate it. (I wanted to find someone who gives you the CD with all the pics and she does...plus I love those brand-newborn shots...perfect!) Thanks and ps. your soup sounds yummy.

Jill said...

Loved this blog. Your kids will treasure these memories with Jason. He is such a stud father! You are the most amazing mother! Love hearing about your adventures...even if it is just a sunny day!

acte gratuit said...

Hey, Doug just did those very same experiments with our boys! Maybe he stole the idea from Jason!

We're having one of our first Sunny and WARM days here too. It's amazing how much more energy I have and how much happier I feel! (So why am I blogging? Because I can.) This is why I must live in Southern California. And you should too. I'll cross my fingers for the Huntington Beach job!

Taylor said...

I found an story on the garbage gyre that we were talking about when we were there last Summer--thought you and Mr. Innkeeper would want to take a look
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/04/14/ntm.garbage.island.cnn
Thanks for the bamboo kids stuff!