Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Delia

My little girl is 2 today!


We invited family over on Sunday night for dinner and cake because that worked best for everyone's schedule but then mother nature had a different plan and dumped snow, wind, and freezing rain on us which made for less than favorable driving conditions. One of my brothers' kids were sick and the other brother couldn't see his road because there was so much snow! Dad and Ellen braved the storm to enjoy homemade pizzas and Delia's princess cake.
I saw a cake on Taylor's website that I thought would look so great as the skirt for the princess cake that Delia wanted. I was happy with how it turned out and Delia loved it!

Here's a picture of Delia in her tutu today. She wasn't thrilled when she opened the present but now she won't take it off!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

liz said...

Oh, the cake is just lovely. Good work. I think Mary might get a tutu for her birthday too....I've just been figuring out what I could get her, since she'll just have gotten Christmas gifts.

Topsy said...

Christina, she is so adorable, absolutely breathtaking. Loved the tutu, loved the cake.
Happy Birthday Delia

Honey said...

Happy Birthday to you Delia! We love you and can't wait to see you!

Taylor said...

I'm glad your cake worked out better than your sister's. I felt bad about that. Very nice cake--and cute little Delia in a tutu.

Sarah said...

It sounds like Taylor wasn't too impressed with my cake. Way to show me up !!

rhall said...

winderful blog!

rhall said...

I meant wonderful of course! Delia is beautiful! Love to all!

Topsy said...

Yeah. Sydney wanted to say thank you to Aunt Christina for her idea. She now has a matching tutu that she loves. I of course, have to tie it on her constantly. I couldn't get the knots to look as cute using elastic - should have grabbed that banded elastic instead.

Topsy said...

Missing your blog - write again soon!