Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What did you say?



I was motivated by a couple of other recent posts about the crazy things that kids say and do found here and here.

In order to understand Joshua's comment you need to know a little about Halifax, Nova Scotia and our sewage. There are lots of glorious things about Halifax and we are green in lots of ways, but this isn't one of them. Halifax Harbour receives 181,000,000 liters of untreated raw sewage everyday. It should be fixed by 2008 with a massive harbour solutions clean-up project.

So a while ago we were playing at a park near the harbour and I felt Joshua was getting a little too close to the water. I told him that we can't touch the harbour water because the water is not very clean and about why the water is not very clean.

Recently I walked in on Joshua when he was flushing the toilet and overheard, "Bye, bye, poop. Gone to the ocean".

7 comments:

Topsy said...

I told Nathan that story and he is cracking up that his cousin Joshua is so funny. He wants to know if his poo can go to the ocean too.

liz said...

Hey, according to "Finding Nemo," it all ends up in the ocean, right? I didn't know that about Halifax -- kind of makes my ferry ride seem less romantic...

acte gratuit said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you have a blog and you commented!!!
We'd love to come visit! We'll definitely have to look into that! And OF COURSE you guys are welcome here any time!!! (Do you ever get vacation time???)

Ryan Hunt said...

That's funny. I love how kids put two and two together!

Bartimaeus said...

Nice. I love it!

Mrs. Cropper said...

Um, HILARIOUS! I didn't know that, either. Sick.

Spiresfam said...

When we were living in HI, they had the same problem in town for months when a huge main busted. One of the kids in the class I was working in went on for days about how the beaches are bad cause of all the poop.
So funny that you overheard that!