Saturday, October 6, 2007

Plum Upside Down Cake

We had missionaries over for dinner on Thursday night. We have six missionaries assigned to our ward and try to have them for dinner about once a week. I made homemade chicken nuggets (as requested by Joshua), pasta, and salad with a Plum upside down cake from CuisineNie for dessert. I was checking her website for new recipes (none yet) and decided this one looked good. It was delicious and it looked so pretty I had to take a picture!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

liz said...

It looks gorgeous, Christina! I saw that on her blog too, and I think yours is even prettier, which is high praise since everything she does is gorgeous!

Mrs. Cropper said...

Ooh, that is GORGE! How fun are you!

Honey said...

You're so nice to have the missionaries over. We had them over once a week for dinner growing up and I loved it! I'm sure your missionaries love it too! Your cake looks too pretty to eat, I'm sure it was scrumptious!

Emily Anne said...

First, that cake is exquisite! Second, I loved your thoughtful comment about being green (greener, at least :) I'd love to chat with you about some of the things you're doing personally to make a personal difference. Maybe you could write a guest post for me (in all your spare time --wink!) about what you've learned and are doing. You just dazzle with all of your many skills.

Kate said...

You amaze me with all you innkeeper skills! I could not do it!! I can barely get dinner for Mark and I. But all your food looks delish. I wish I could come stay at your lovely B&B!

Taylor said...

Nice work on the cake and good choice on the homemade chicken nugs. Even though they're still breaded and deep fried, it's comforting to know the sources for all the ingredients. I love to home-make sausage egg mcmuffins. I think we both see cooking as a pleasant activity and that is why we cook things that other people think are crazy.