Monday, October 1, 2007

Drawing the Line




So, I have a little problem. I may be a tad too accommodating. A couple of our guests are trying to avoid sugar and white flour. We have options: fruit, eggs, yogurt. But I don't want them to feel like they're missing out on the great baked goods. So I whip a batch of granola minus the brown sugar. Mr. Innkeeper is putting on a loaf of bread with just wheat flour (that I ground by hand - we have whole wheat flour in the cupboard, but I figure if they're trying to avoid white flour they're probably not big on preservatives, either) and we will have some special whole wheat pecan muffins flavored with maple syrup tomorrow morning. I am crazy.


Delia got some bangs a few weeks ago, and I think she's too cute!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I wouldn't say you're crazy, but come on, would they really have notice if you had ground up some frosted mini wheats?!

Honey said...

Delia, you are too cute! You're growing too fast!

That's very nice of you to be so accommodating to your guests. I would have said "tough luck bucko." But that might just be the hormones talking...love the wheat grinder..(we have the same one.)

Topsy said...

That's awesome Sarah.

Wish I had a wheat grinder.

Delia is absolutely beautiful!

Mrs. Cropper said...

Delia--PRESH.
Grinding wheat to please guests--I'd say it's going the extra mile. Considering that a lot of your guests have special environmental/unscented needs, I guess in my mind it fits. Does that make sense?