Sunday, September 23, 2007

I Did Come Back!

We needed to be back for check-ins on Friday at 4:00 pm and we pulled in the driveway at 3:55 pm. I told my mom that I didn't want to hear from anybody last week, so unless someone was dying, don't call. So she was panicking a little on Friday afternoon in the Newark airport when she hadn't heard from us all week and was hoping I was still coming back to work! She called us at 4:00pm (we were on the phone and didn't get the call) and then again at 4:30pm, she said that she just wanted to make sure that we were there!

It was so nice to be away, to enjoy uninterrupted family meals and to feel free. I felt so normal last week. It was good to get away so that I could realize that all of the craziness I feel is brought on by stress and my current life and that, in fact, I am not crazy (not really crazy, anyways). All the stress was waiting at the door when we got back, and now we just need to figure out what we are going to do next. I have learned a lot over the past year and am grateful for the opportunity I have had to be an innkeeper, but I know this is not what I want to do.


Big thanks to my mom for helping this past week who instead of being upset when I had a little breakdown and quit on her a couple of weeks ago, she just came home so we could get away.


And big thanks to Dad and Ellen who watched our kids for 7 hours yesterday so Mr.Innkeeper and I could have some much needed time to figure out the next steps in our lives (we don't have it figured out yet - but we're getting closer). Both of the kids had a great time - McDonald's, Dollar store, and Blockbuster make for fun memories with the grandparents (hopefully Sarah's not too jealous!).

7 comments:

Honey said...

You are such a trooper, I am SO amazed by you!! I'm happy that you were able to finally have a break and find some time to breathe. We love you!

Mrs. Cropper said...

I'm curious to find out what's next on your adventurous agenda. I vote that you come to Oregon so we can be there togethie. :)

Topsy said...

Hey if the votes are going out, Nathan and Sydney vote for Texas. Nathan said Uncle Jason was cool and he thinks Joshua will be too - when he meets him. You'd think by 5 years old, he'd remember that he has met him already. Oh well.

Jill said...

I second the Oregon vote! Love the picture of your dad with the grandkids. What awesome chairs!!! Glad you got some R&R. Now, the innkeepers wife needs more TLC. Glad your married the right man for the job!

liz said...

I too am glad you got some R&R from the B&B (is that sentence clever or what?). Also enjoyed Anne's usage of the word "togethie." Was that a typo, or were you trying to coin a new cute word, Anne? Good luck figuring out life, Hunts....

Sarah said...

I'm going to second the vote of my new buddy Nisa. Come to Texas. It's like a whole other country!

Emily Anne said...

Whatever you decide, I just hope that things settle down for you guys; less craziness, more calm. Good Luck!