Sunday, June 24, 2007

THANK YOU!

Sundays are usually my busiest days. Church is at 11:00, and I haven't found anyone to help on Sundays. Since we were full last night, things were even more hectic than the normal hectic Sunday morning pace. Mr. Innkeeper and I got up to make breakfast and the kids slept in until about 8:20 which makes things a little lot easier!

I stayed in my grubbies this morning because I was going to clean while Mr. Innkeeper did breakfast. I was heading upstairs to clean a room when four of our guests came down and just when Joshua and Delia were waking up. Mr. Innkeeper went in to take care of the kids, and I was left there in my pajamas (gasp!) to welcome the guests to breakfast. Hopefully no one could tell they were my pajamas! I made eggs for all four of our guests (which brings me to another question - if I were to offer you eggs in the morning, would you ever say "I think I'll have pancakes... No, I mean, uh... Oh, I don't know what I was thinking... I'll have french toast, thanks?" - Well, it happened. Two mornings in a row.).

Mr. Innkeeper got the kids calmed down, and I cleaned one of the rooms upstairs, then tried to clean up breakfast, prepare a lesson for Sunday school, take a shower and get ready for church, and be out the door by 10:30. Oh, and Mr. Innkeeper had a lesson to prepare as well. (Luckily, he was up at 5:30 this morning to shower and shave.) We were on time for church, my lesson went well, Delia went to Nursery (it was her first week), Joshua had some issues with his new Sunbeam teacher (Mr. Innkeeper was his teacher, but was recently called to be YM President), Mr. Innkeeper had a great lesson with the YM, but I actually attended a portion of the Relief Society Meeting today!

Anyways, the point of the post is thank you to Dad and Ellen. When we came home from church the house was much cleaner than when we left it due to the efforts of my father and his sweet wife. It was so nice to come home to a clean, clean house!

Our clean kitchen and Joshua

There were a couple of American Sailors visiting at church today and Mr. Innkeeper wanted to invite them over for dinner, I said of course, but wasn't sure how I was going to get the house clean, clean the other room that had to be done by 4:00 pm and make dinner. We feel truly blessed to have such great helpers in our lives. I also called to invite my neighbor and her family over for dinner, and she said that she had already made dinner and dessert and that there would be enough for everybody, so she would bring it over! Delia fell asleep on the way home from church, so Mr. Innkeeper, Joshua, and I cleaned the green room in record time and I had enough time to post before dinner. What an incredibly good day!

And thanks to my wonderful neighbor for the delicious chicken and


the yummy cake!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so excited that you had a good Sunday. Now, you have to stop hogging dad, because when we got home from church my house was just as messy as ever! I would post a picture, but it's a little disgraceful! I can't believe you had a full house plus guests for dinner. You're amazing!

Emily Anne said...

Christina...you ARE amazing. I love reading about your life as an innkeeper. Maybe someday we'll get to come and stay, it looks very charming. If we do, I promise to eat whatever you've cooked for breakfast with a smile.

Mrs. Cropper said...

Oh man, don't you just love when all the stars align and you experience such perfection! Glory glory hallelujah! I agree with Em, I'll whole-heartedly eat anything you make me anytime, because I know first hand what a culinary goddess you are (remember when we--you, Sarah, and I--dreamed of starting a catering business after we catered that one baby shower?). Who ARE these people that give you the b-fast run-around for heck's sake?!!

Honey said...

Isn't family great?! How kind of your Dad and Ellen to help on such an eventful Sunday. You guys are incredible! What a great day.