Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Where I've Been

Well, I haven't felt much like blogging lately. I've been more interested in reading books and posting them on goodreads. I think this website, that my friend Kelly introduced me to, is awesome. You can post books you've read and what you thought of them and then you can see what your friends are reading. Sometimes when I would finish reading a book I would think "what should I read now?" Well I feel with this website I have a constant supply of books to read next! I've read some great books - To Kill a Mockingbird is amazing. You should read it if you haven't. And I also really enjoyed Laddie by Gene Stratton-Porter. You'll have to sign on to goodreads for other recommendations!

We also had a wedding at the B&B - that was fun and crazy! The couple decided to elope after her mom started taking over the plans of the wedding in Germany. They partied hard after the wedding - they asked for pickled herring for breakfast the next day (I guess it's a German remedy for a hangover). We were glad to help out and felt privileged to be a part of their special day.

And we are also getting ready to go to a wedding! The kids got haircuts yesterday and Joshua and I got some new shoes. We are so excited for Aaron and Angela and to see everyone!

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh how nice. We had our reception at a B&B in Jacksonville and it was so fabulous. This old German woman ran it, and my in-laws stayed there. It was so perfect. I just have the best memories.

I like goodreads too!

Topsy said...

Can't wait to see you guys.

Honey said...

We're so excited too!

rhall said...

Miss you guys, hope all is going well, special times!

Sarah said...

We're excited to have you come for your own mini vacation/business trip! Only two weeks!

Spiresfam said...

Cute slideshow!
I wish I was as well read as you. Well at least this way I know what you are reading, right? :)
I think that Mark is more into than I am though (as I type he is polishing off his 2nd book this week, YIKES!)

Topsy said...

I love your slideshow feature. Is it just me or do you update the photos all the time so that they are different??

Mrs. Cropper said...

So did you bust out the pickled herring?! So funny. I can relate to not being in the mood to blog. Some weeks you just don't wanna. Oh, and Aaron is getting married? How wonderful--tell him hi and congrats!

acte gratuit said...

Thanks for the GoodReads invite. I've only logged in a few times, but I just finished my book and started a new one, so I need to do an update!!!