Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Recap

Delia was a bunny rabbit. If we put the hood up she couldn't see, so it stayed down most of the night! When we went trick-or-treating everyone wanted to give Delia more candy because she was so cute. They would tell her to take more from the bowl or pick out whatever she liked. I thought it was pretty funny because she's not even two and she ended up with more candy than her brother!

The Frank Family cousins, minus the Roberts - San Antonio Division, trick-or-treating at Grandpa's to begin the evening!

This was the candy the kids came home with. I couldn't believe it! We went to a neighborhood across the street and everyone was so generous. We went trick-or-treating with our neighbors and they knew all the right houses to go to! If I would've taken the kids on my own I think we would have gone to five houses, but the kids were having such a good time they didn't want to go home!

So today we had to decide what to do with all the candy. I couldn't keep it all because Delia would scream every second of every day for candy! So we offered to trade for the candy. The kids could pick what they wanted from some choices we gave them:
  1. money for candy
  2. go bowling (Joshua's choice)
  3. pizza and movie night (Delia's choice)
  4. go to the bookstore and pick out a new book
They got to pick out their three favorite pieces of candy and we are taking the rest to the soup kitchen.

When I was at the soup kitchen today we had a Mom and daughter drop off a ton of non-perishable items. When they had gone trick-or-treating last night they asked for food instead of candy for the food bank. I thought that was a great idea!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Sarah said...

you're so much better than me. we didn't offer a trade, I just ate their candy when they went to bed!

Mrs. Cropper said...

OK, I love you! Way to work the trade! And I love the women who trick-or-treated for the food bank! What rockstars! Blaine chewed on wrapped up candy bars all evening, but never got one open. He called them "treats," and asked for a bite, but we never gave him one. Thankfully, he didn't really throw a fit. The absolute coup came this morning when he saw me throw away an empty candy wrapper. He looked at his nestle bar, said, "zarbeej," and disposed of it promptly! We almost died!

Honey said...

My friend did a trade with her kids too, what a great idea. I'm afraid we're too fond of sugar to give it up...maybe some day though.. :)

Topsy said...

So cute! Same thing happened to us. I sent them out with the same size containers and Sydney's filled up twice and we had to dump it in a bag. The cute costume and adorable face definitely brings home more candy. I was still surprised though, because Nathan hit more houses????

Emily Anne said...

love the trade. love the food bank idea. i just love coming to your blog and feeling inspired to live better. thanks!

Kate said...

good idea on the trade! Maybe we'll give that a try...and then I'll probably go through and pick out all the good stuff for myself!

Jill said...

I am a candy craver and the thought of parting with our loot about kills me. Maybe in my next life I won't like sugar so much!