Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Can't Aunt Sarah Stay Just One More Day"

A couple of weeks ago Sarah posted about a weekend trip we were thinking of taking and wondering where we should go. Well, Sarah decided to come here so that she could show off her cute baby to those of us who hadn't met him yet


and so that we could attend the Craft Fair. We fit in as much as we could over our 3 and 1/2 days. Sarah came Friday afternoon and got her Swiss Chalet fix. Saturday we were up early to make breakfast for our other guests and so we could go to the Farmer's Market, which I think is the coolest thing to do in Halifax. I love it there! I got a few groceries, Sarah got a new handmade belt, and then we were off to Brunch at Epicurious Morsels. Lovely food, service not so great. Then we headed to the Craft Fair, which was one of the best I have ever been to. Wonderful crafts and wonderful people. We headed to Club Monaco so Sarah could get a new shirt and then to Costco to refill Doug's wine gum supply. Hot chocolate and cookies at a favorite coffee shop and then we rushed home to get ready for an adult only dinner (plus the baby, of course) to MacAskill's. We enjoyed the dinner and the company. After dinner, we headed home to put kids to bed and then we went to see Dan in Real Life. We missed the first ten minutes because of bedtime battles, but both enjoyed it!

On Sunday we had a full day of Church - Joshua had his first primary program, he was so excited and looked great. He had his part memorized for the past few weeks (Jesus loved little children and blessed them) and he had his Dad sit up on the stand with him for some extra support, he walked right down to the podium when it was his turn but then wasn't so sure about the whole thing. He told me after that he said his line, he just didn't want anyone to hear him.


After church we went visiting Grandparents,

and then for a yummy family dinner at Grandpa Bill's, also celebrating my famous brother's 35th birthday (35 doesn't seem so old anymore!).


On Monday our Dad took us out to breakfast at Cora's - bad service, so-so food, it was still fun to be out together. And then we had lunch at Cafe Michele with a friend and I was officially stuffed. After not eating out for so long and eating out so many times while my sister was here I have decided I am definitely a food snob. I guess that's what happens when you grow up in the restaurant business. I know what to expect and when I don't get it, I'm disappointed. I haven't found customer service to be that great around here as a general rule. So maybe I should stop expecting it. Or just stay home to eat!

After lunch we headed right out to the airport. Joshua didn't want to see her go, "can't Aunt Sarah stay just one more day?" We loved having Sarah come for a visit. We wish Texas was closer!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for all the pictures! We sure miss you guys.
ps have you seen this link? http://siberiangrits.blogspot.com/2006_12_01_archive.html

Honey said...

How fun to have Sarah visit. And be reminded of the goodness of Canada! We "order" boxes of wine gums every time my parents make a trip up there. It was great to hear your voices yesterday and we can't wait for you to be out here. We really miss you guys! Christina, you look fabulous, and we were taken back by how grown up Joshua and Delia look. They're growing up too fast! Lots of love from Colorado!

Topsy said...

Wow, Joshua looks so grown-up, so handsome. I'm so sorry that I missed your phone call the other day. I have sick afternoons where I dissappear for some quiet nauseated half-sleep. I stayed awake long enough to hear brett chatting with you through the wall, so I hope he got updated. We missed you guys for Thanksgiving, but we are glad that you were truly surrounded by family!