Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back to Work

Well my mom is gone back to Arizona and my cousins are gone back to their American homes and I am back at work. It was nice to come back from vacation and get to visit with extended family for another week. The B&B was full of family and it just made things a lot more relaxed and fun. It was nice to be together and celebrate my Grandpa's 90th birthday. After everyone left on Monday and Tuesday we had one day off and then we were full, and have been full the rest of this week.
This week I have started making my own yogurt with one of these. The yogurt is tasty and you can add whatever sweetener you like. We were serving yogurt in little individual containers and I just felt like it was such a waste of packaging. I know that they are recyclable, but I thought it was better if I could avoid the waste altogether. The yogurt maker comes with little containers that are reusable. Now I just need my own cow in the backyard!

5 comments:

Mrs. Cropper said...

I loved your yogurt and am totally with you on the "reduce" part of the three Rs. Actually, we loved everything about our week there. You and Jason and your mum were such great hosts. Your muffins are divine and your B & B is comfortable and wonderful. Thanks for taking such good care of us. Hopefully we didn't drive you guys bonkers or put you in the poor house by eating all your food.
Thanks a million.

liz said...

Ditto everything Anne said. I don't think you'd enjoy a cow in the backyard, but maybe you could get a little goat?

Danielle said...

I would also love a cow and a yogurt maker. Fun. Actually I am pretty jealous about your whole life. It sounds charming.

Emily Anne said...

wow! I think it's awesome that you make your own yogurt...and reuse the containers. give yourself a big pat on the back from me!

Taylor said...

I just noticed that I posted a comment under Anne's name. That first one is from me. Whoops!