Sunday, July 15, 2007

Loving the Kids


Mr. Innkeeper has been waking up with Delia at night and getting her back to sleep for the past week. I hadn't slept through the night in over four years and it showed! Delia had a couple of rough nights at the beginning of last week, but now settles right down with Mr. Innkeeper and I have gotten to sleep! Glorious sleep!


This past week I have been able to enjoy my kids and family so much more and the business goes way smoother! As I was putting Joshua to bed tonight I was thinking about how much I love him and enjoy him, instead of "please go to bed so I can have one minute to myself!" I love being a well-rested mom! And I love Mr. Innkeeper!

6 comments:

Honey said...

You are such a good mom. I really mean that. You are so good. It makes me so sad to see your kids getting so big and we can't see them grow! We miss you guys.

Sarah said...

Way to get some sleep. We knew you could do it! Now you're really ready for a vacation!

Ape said...

love the B&B! Like the blog.

liz said...

Some people really underestimate the importance of sleep -- I'm so glad you're finally getting some. I'm a little jealous of all that hair Delia has! I guess she was way ahead from the start, but Mary's is still so thin and whispy. Delia's hair makes her look so old!

Mrs. Cropper said...

Whoa! I think Delia looks a ton like your mum in that picture! So darling. Hooray for sleep!

p.s. I'm glad you got the Timmy Ho's reference--I realized it may sound a bit obscure. And aren't the buskers going to be doing their thing? I really want Tay to see all that...

Jill said...

Does Mr. Innkeeper give conferences on good husbandry? I know a blond fellow who could learn some things!